United Spinal Association’s Affiliate Service Providers provide the full spectrum of clinical care, products and services, with an emphasis on spinal cord injury and disease (SCI/D). Search our valuable directory to discover service providers near you that specialize in optimizing the health, independence and quality of life of people with SCI/D.
Every patient at Fletcher Allen Inpatient Acute Rehabilitation is cared for by a team of rehabilitation experts. Our doctors, nurses and therapists have advanced training in rehabilitation, enabling them to customize a care plan for each patient’s unique needs. Our patients benefit from participation in acute rehab: intensive therapy five days a week and daily consultation with a physiatrist (a medical doctor who specializes in rehab).
As part of a university medical center, Inpatient Rehabilitation offers the latest technologies and research-backed treatments for a wide range of medical conditions – ensuring that every patient's care is based on the most recent scientific knowledge. The conditions we treat include:
- Brain injury
- Spinal cord injury
- Amputation (pre- and post-prosthesis)
- Neurological disorders such as Parkinson's Disease, Guillian-Barre Syndrome, Multiple Sclerosis and Post-Acute Critical Neuropathy
- Multiple Trauma with multiple fractures or Multi-system Trauma
- Orthopedic conditions such as Hip Fracture, Bilateral Hip Replacement, and Bilateral Knee Replacement
- A range of other medical conditions – contact our Admissions Office if you have questions about the conditions we treat
Our rehabilitation facility offers a comfortable 34-bed facility with private rooms. The program is individualized to the needs of the patient, and the focus is on helping people to achieve a level of independence to safely leave our acute care setting and continue his/her recovery at home or in some instances, at a subacute pace.
Our rehabilitation program is appropriate for people who require 24-hour physician availability, 24-hour nursing care, and the skill of at least two different therapies, and can tolerate at least three hours of therapy for five days a week.
790 College Parkway, Colchester, USA 05446